CANCELLED! Nanomaterials and advanced characterization, Laser material processing: from fundamental interactions to innovative applications, Symposium I, E-MRS 2020 Spring Meeting, Strasbourg, France, 25-29 May 2020
The E-MRS 2020 Spring Meeting at the foreseen dates (May 25-29) is CANCELLED and has to be POSTPONED.
This laser symposium will bring together leading academic scientists, researchers and laser users and manufacturers for an intensive exchange and share of their experiences on recent progress in Laser Science and Technology, in particular in the fields of laser materials processing and synthesis. It also gives room to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and concerns, practical challenges from nanofabrication via energy to biomedicine. One of the symposium organizers is Andreea Matei from the National Institute for Laser, Plasma and Radiation Physics (NILPRP).
This symposium will cover all new advances in laser-matter interaction coupled to recent applications of emerging materials, their fabrication and application. The main objective is to update the basic phenomena involved in the interaction of the wide range of laser systems, where still new and efficient devices including smart optics, high and low repetition rate processing as well as high and low beam fluences come up regularly. The symposium will consider recent progress in laser-assisted additive fabrication (SLS, SLM), laser and intense light applications in printed electronics, laser-based nanofabrication, nano-LIPSS formation, laser lift of biological materials and systems and more emerging techniques such as laser synthesis of nanoparticles in liquids, and will thus offer a unique opportunity for researchers from Europe and worldwide areas to discuss their results in a friendly, interactive, and engaging atmosphere. Laser techniques will facilitate environmental and eco-design through the useful processing of photovoltaic cells, photocatalytic materials, thermoelectric materials and devices, micro and nanosystems for energy storage and conversion. A special focus will be given for these ‘hot’ topics. All contributions on laser interaction with hard, soft and smart materials, targeting future applications from nanoenergy to biomedicine as well as recent progress on the fundamental mechanisms are welcome. The symposium Laser Material Processing: From fundamental interactions to innovative applications will provide a platform to establish interdisciplinary international research collaborations between scientists working in the field of laser-matter interaction.
The symposium will consist of invited presentations by leading scientists in their respective fields and contributed papers for oral and poster presentations. Special emphasis will be given to young scientists presenting high quality research papers. The contributions should concern, but are not limited to the topics listed below.
Hot topics to be covered by the symposium:
- Lasers in nanotechnology and nanofabrication: electronics, magnetics, photonics, sensorics;
- Lasers in environmental technology, decarbonized energy materials, storage, and sustainability;
- Laser 3D micro-structuring: MEMS, MOEMS, photonic crystals, photonic applications; biological devices
- Laser processing of 2D materials;
- Ultra-short, ultra-high power laser interaction with matter: fundamentals and applications;
- Subwavelength laser produced structures for smart optical, electro-optical, electronic and biological devices;
- Laser-induced nanostructures: from theory to applications;
- Lasers for large-scale fabrication: 3D printing, roll-to-roll processing, printed electronics;
- Photonic curing: methods and emerging applications;
- Laser process monitoring and control, time resolved diagnostics, advanced characterization of materials.
List of invited speakers (confirmed):
- Maria Dinescu, Bucharest, Romania
- Avi Katz, Palo Alto, USA
- Emmanuel Stratakis, Greece
- Valentina Dinca, Bucharest, Romania
- Dirk Hauschild, LIMO GmbH, Germany
Selected papers will be published as an issue of Applied Surface Science (Elsevier).
National Institute for Lasers, Plasma and Radiation Physics INFLPR
Laser Department, 409 Atomistilor Str., 077125 Maguerele - Bucharest, Romania
Laboratoire IRCER / UMR CNRS 7315; Centre Européen de la Céramique (CEC), 12 rue Atlantis, 87068 Limoges, France
Fraunhofer Institute for Ceramic Technologies and Systems IKTS
Fraunhofer IKTS, Winterbergstr. 28, 01277 Dresden, Germany
Institute of Materials Science and Engineering, Gustav-Kirchhoff-Str. 5, 98693 Ilmenau, Germany
A brief presentation of the symposium is found on the EMRS website: