LASER IGNITION SUMMER SCHOOL 2018
The LASER IGNITION SUMMER SCHOOL 2018 is organized within HORIZON 2020 - THE FRAMEWORK PROGRAMME FOR RESEARCH AND INNOVATION 2014-2020. It is the second summer school of the European project LASIG-TWIN 691688: LASER IGNITION - A TWINNING COLLABORATION FOR FRONTIER RESEARCH IN ECO-FRIENDLY FUEL-SAVING COMBUSTION (https://www.lasig-twin.eu, http://ecs.inflpr.ro/Proiect_LASIG-TWIN_691688.html). The first summer school, LASER IGNITION SUMMER SCHOOL 2017 was held July 19-22, 2017, in Brasov, Romania. This year summer school lecture program will be conducted by experts within LASIG-TWIN and by invited external experts, covering the value chain of the project from fundamental to applied research and applications in the field of lasers, in particular for ignition. This school will promote the laser ignition research activities at National Institute for Laser, Plasma and Radiation Physics - INFLPR and at the European partners. It will provide an opportunity for all attendees to listen to lectures given by experts and to gather with them for the exchange of ideas within their own or even adjacent fields. A social program will be organized to learn about local attractions.
NATIONAL INSTITUTE FOR LASER, PLASMA AND RADIATION PHYSICS - INFLPR
Magurele 077125, Ilfov, ROMANIA
UNIVERSITÄT BAYREUTH - UBT
Chair of Engineering Thermodynamics and Transport Processes
Universität Strasse 30, Bayreuth 95447, GERMANY
THE UNIVERSITY OF LIVERPOOL - UL
School of Engineering, The Quandrangle Street, Brownlow Hill L69 3GH, Liverpool, UNITED KINGDOM
CENTRE NATIONAL DE LA RECHERCHE SCIENTIFIQUE - CNRS
Laboratoire EM2C, CentraleSupélec, Université Paris-Saclay, 3 rue Joliot Curie, 91192 Gif-sur-Yvette, FRANCE
FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FORDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG e.V.; Fraunhofer IOF, Albert-Einstein- Strasse 7, Jena 07745, GERMANY
- A: FUNDAMENTALS OF LASER SYSTEMS. LASER SPARK PLUG DEVELOPMENT
- B: LASERS USED IN TRANSPORTATION:
- APPLICATIONS IN RECIPROCATING ENGINES (VEHICLES, NATURAL GAS ENGINES)
- LASER IGNITION IN PROPULSION SYSTEMS FOR SPACE TRANSPORTATION
- LASER IGNITION OF GAS TURBINES, OTHERS
- C: CHARACTERIZATION OF INDUCED PLASMA, IGNITION AND COMBUSTION PROCESSES
- D: TECHNOLOGIES - MATERIALS FOR FUTURE MANUFACTURING OF LASER IGNITION SYSTEMS
- E: POSTER SESSION
ATTENDEES & LOCATION
- The Summer School is intended for Romanian students (Master Students, PhD and PostDoc’s) and it is also opened to European students. The number of selected attendees will be 40. The official language of the school is English.
- The Laser Ignition Summer School 2018 will be held at Hotel IBIS SIBIU CENTRE, Calea Dumbravii 2-4, Sibiu Romania.
- NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
- REGISTRATION & POSTER SUBMISSION DEADLINE
- SUMMER SCHOOL
May 10, 2018
May 31, 2018
July 02-06, 2018
More information regarding the Laser Ignition Summer School 2018, July 02-06 2017, Sibiu, Romania is available at:
http://ecs.inflpr.ro/Proiect LASIG-TWIN_691688-Laser Ignition Summer School 2018.html. The web page will be updated during preparations, so please visit it periodically.