11th International Conference on Photo-Excited Processes and Applications – ICPEPA 11, September 10-14, 2018, Vilnius, Lithuania
11th International Conference on Photo-Excited Processes and Applications – ICPEPA 11 will be held in Vilnius, Lithuania on September 10-14, 2018.
The conference is the place to share new results and ideas regarding fundamentals of laser-matter interaction, photo-excited processes and application, and increase networking and collaboration opportunities in a relaxing environment. Peer-reviewed papers based on presentation at the conference will be published in a Special Issue of the Applied Surface Science Journal.
Vilnius is a city with old traditions in lasers, laser spectroscopy and technologies.
Lasers and Lithuania – similarities are not only in the first letter of both words. Lasers is a fingerprint of the country and became the third religious after Christianity and basketball. Topics on new lasers for photo-excitation and applications are considered at ICPEPA 11.
Research activities on photo-excitation of atoms, molecules and solids can be found in Lithuania for a long time. Emerging new application of photo-excited processes in „green“ energy: photovoltaics, photocatalysis; photosynthesis will be discussed.
New topics on fast and precise processing with ultra-short pulse lasers, 3D printing, industrial applications are awaiting your contribution.
ICPEPA-11 topics include but not limited to:
- Fundamental phenomena in laser-matter interactions;
- Theoretical analysis, simulation and modelling of photo-excited processes;
- Dynamics and diagnostics of photo-excited processes;
- Ultrafast photo-excited phenomena in chemical processes;
- Photo- catalysis and energy conversion;
- Photo/laser- induced desorption from surfaces;
- Laser- matter interactions in liquid environment;
- Resonant and non-resonant processes in photo/laser- induced materials;
- Photo/laser- induced nanoscale processing;
- Laser synthesis of nanomaterials;
- Surface nanostructuring and nanoripple formation;
- Plasmon- enhanced photo/laser processing;
- Pulsed laser deposition (PLD) of thin films, multilayers and nanostructured materials;
- Laser cutting, drilling, surface patterning and micromachining;
- Surface modification including crystallization, annealing, amorphization, phase transformation, sintering and doping;
- Volume and 3D internal processing with ultrashort pulse lasers;
- Photon- based 3D additive manufacturing;
- Advanced lasers and laser systems for photo - excited processes;
- Manipulated/shaped beam processing;
- Polarisation effects in laser processing;
- Laser and photon-based diagnostic techniques and spectroscopy;
- Probing ultrafast phase transformations with time-resolved X-ray and electron diffraction;
- Interactions with organic and biomaterials and applications including MALDI and laser microprobe mass analysis;
- Laser in medical and biological applications.
Please visit http://icpepa11.com/ for details regarding the conference.