12th European Symposium on Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry (ESTAC12), 27-30 August 2018, Brasov, Romania
It is our great pleasure to announce that in the period 27-30 August 2018 it will take place the 12th European Symposium on Thermal Analysis & Calorimetry (ESTAC12) in Brasov, Romania.
Transilvania University of Brasov will host the 4-days meeting in its main auditorium known as the Aula Magna "Sergiu Chiriacescu", which is located in the modern city center and very close to the historical one.
The oral and poster contributions will be published as full-length articles in a special volume of the: Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry (2016 IF: 1.953).
A number of 3 Awards (D. Dollimore, E. Segal and J. Simon) and 3 Grants (for Exceptional Young Researcher) are offered by ESTAC12 together with our sponsors (Application deadline: 1st of March 2018): http://www.estac12.org/estac12/prizes.html
Abstract submission deadline: 1st of August 2018.
- Kinetics and catalysis.
- Thermophysical properties and thermal reactivity of solids.
- Metals, alloys, intermetallics & high temperature materials.
- Thermally stimulated processes in ceramics. Nanomaterials and thermoelectrics.
- Thermal investigation of thin films and other minute materials.
- Functional soft inorganic, organic and macromolecular materials.
- Thermochemistry and calorimetry.
- Thermodynamics of biomolecules; from stability to interactions.
- Polymers, Biomaterials, Pharmaceuticals and Cosmetics.
- The Environment and Green technologies. Alternative clean sources for energy.
- Combustion, fuels & biofuels. Materials for energy conversion and storage.
- Energetic materials, thermal hazards & fire safety.
- Advanced materials processing and applied thermal engineering.
- Composites in extreme conditions and environments.
- Instrumentation and theory; coupled, complementary and alternative techniques: sample controlled thermal analysis, microcalorimetry, emanation thermal analysis, nanoTA, PulseTA, laser pyrolysis, thermochromatography, etc.
- Thermal analysis and calorimetry in life sciences, natural products, food, fertilizers, soils, geosciences, forensics, textiles and arts.
- Jiri Malek (University of Pardubice, Czech Republic)
- Sergey Verevkin (University of Rostock, Germany)
- "David Dollimore" ESTAC Award (to be announced)
- "Eugen Segal" ESTAC Award (to be announced)
- "Judit Simon" ESTAC Award (to be announced)
- Milan Antonijevic (University of Greenwich, United Kingdom)
- Guy Van Assche (Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium)
- Christian Dreyer (Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Polymer Research, Germany)
- Katsumi Katoh (Fukuoka University, Japan)
- Elizabet M. (Liezel) Van der Merwe (University of Pretoria, South Africa)
- Shawn Putnam (University of Central Florida, USA)
- Leszek Rycerz (Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland)
- Nicolas Sbirrazzuoli (University of Cote d'Azur, France)
- Alberto Schiraldi (University of Milan, Italy)
- Mihai Stoica (ETHZ - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich, Switzerland)
ESTAC12 is organized by:
- Central and Eastern European Committee for Thermal Analysis & Calorimetry (CEEC-TAC),
- Transilvania University of Brasov (UniTBv),
- National Institute for Laser, Plasma and Radiation Physics (INFLPR),
- Institute of Physical Chemistry "Ilie G. Murgulescu" of the Romanian Academy (ICF),
- Commission for Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry of the Romanian Academy (CATCAR).
For more information on ESTAC12, please visit the website: http://estac12.org .